I’m not the best home cook but after much trials and errors, I have come to a conclusion that this is probably one of my TOP 10 easiest recipe and one of the yummiest one!
Just prepare the ingredients, lay all of them on a single tray, season them and pop in the oven for one hour, done!
Chicken is moist and yummy, roasted garlic is sweet and to fight for.
How can they be so easy and yummy?!
One tray lemon chicken (with rosemary)
Portion: 2 person
Time: Oven 1 hour, 200C / 390F
Ingredients for 2 person
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh rosemary (finely chopped) Just skip this if you don’t have rosemary handy
- 1/2 lemon (cut them into slices)
- 4-5 cloves crushed garlic, or more (leave the skin on, or they will be burnt)
- 2 chicken thighs
- potatoes (cut into small cubes)
- carrots, or zucchini (cut into smaller pieces)
- Salad as the side dish (your choice)
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Clean the chicken, pat dry with paper towels
- Peel and cut potatoes into smaller pieces, do the same for carrots or zucchini
- Put chicken (skin side up on top of the lemon slices) , zucchinis, potatoes, carrots in a baking dish
- Season all of them with salt, pepper, olive oil
- (Optional: smoked paprika, Italian herb mix, garlic powder, and finely chopped rosemary)
- Mix the seasoning well with the ingredients
- Put this tray in the preheated oven: 200C for 1 hour.
- If you have time, turn the potatoes and vegetables halfway, if you don’t, just leave it for an hour.
After 1 hour in the oven:
- Plate the chicken with potatoes, roasted garlic, carrots or zucchini
- Serve with simple lettuce salad with cherry tomatoes, olive oil and balsamic dressing (olive oil + balsamic vinegar = salad dressing)
- garnish with rosemary if you have
Super yummy! ❤
- dry white wine (Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Trebbiano)
- light red wine ( Gamay Beaujolais, Pinot Noir, Barbera, Pinotage etc)
Tried this recipe?
Let me know if you like this simple recipe!
Previously I have tried to brown the chicken first, and par boiled the potatoes, but at the end I found out that even if I just pop everything in the oven without any prior-treatment they taste just as good! Why make things complicated!
Let me know if you like this by commenting below!