Favourite recipe of the month. Even the fussy eater at home commented it’s very yummy. So I thought I should write and save this recipe down.
Portion: 2 person
Time: Oven 1 hour
– 3-4 sprigs of fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
– 1 lemon (1 tbsp juice, slice up the rest of the lemon)
– 4-5 cloves crushed garlic
– 2 chicken thighs
– Potaotes, carrots
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 200 C
2. Par boil potatoes – Boil potatoes in cold water until the water is boiling. Once it’s boiling let it boil for another 5 min. Drain and let them dry out a little. Then shake them to fluff up to potatoes.
3. While potatoes are boiling, heat up an oven dish on the stove. Add olive oil in the dish, put the chicken thighs in, skin side down. Brown them for 4-5 min each side or until brown. You need medium-high heat for them to turn brown easily.
4. While waiting for chicken to cook, finely chopped rosemary leaves (remove the stalks first). Put them in a bowl, add olive oil to cover them, salt and pepper, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 3-4 cloves crushed garlic. Taste the sauce and adjust salt pepper as you need.
4. After potatoes are shaken, chicken are done browning both side, pour the boiled potatoes into the same baking dish as chicken. Put lemon slices in between chicken or under them. Spoon over the marinate over chicken and potatoes. Add carrot pieces in between as well.
5. Put this tray in the pre-heated oven 200C for 1 hour. Turn potatoes and chicken during half time. If they are not turning golden at the end of 1 hour, just increase the heat to 220C for the another 5 min until they are nice and golden.
6. Serve with some fresh rosemary. Spoon over the lovely jus over chicken for extra flavours.
Super yummy ! ❤️
Be creative with your side dishes too. Serve it with some fresh salad with olive oil and lemon juice. Healthy and lemony!