Oven Grilled : Miso Salmon On Banana Leaves
- Salmon fillet (2 pieces)
- 2 tsp Miso bean paste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Korean Chili paste (Gochujang) (optional)
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- mixed all the ingredients above together.
- rub the sauce on salmon both sides. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge.
Roast Everything In An Oven
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C
- Line a baking tray/dish with 2 pieces of cleaned and DRY banana leafs. Banana leaves give a nice smoky aroma to the fish.
- (optional) Lay some aromatics like ginger slices, or basil, lemon grass, kaffir lime leafs or lemon underneath the salmon
- put the pre-marinated fish on top ( skin side down).
- bake for 20-30 minutes depending on the size of your fish.
Potatoes (salt, pepper, oil)- 1 hour
Broccoli (salt, pepper, oil) – 20 min
Stir in kimchi and sesame seeds in the last 5 minutes.
Version 1: Spicy Miso Salmon, served with roasted kimchi potatoes and broccoli
Version 2: Miso salmon serve with steamed asparagus and cauliflower
This is inspired by the recent trip to Korea. Korean fermented chili paste (Gochujang) is such a healthy and versatile ingredients. I love it !
Please let me know how do you like this recipe. What other ingredients would you cook salmon with?