I had only cauliflower and pumpkin in the fridge, it’s too late to go get some protein so I thought maybe should just roast them up and make a pasta or something.
It turned out ok. Recipe as below.
Time: 40-50min (mostly using oven)
Roast Pumpkin and Cauliflower
1. Preheat oven : 200C
2. Remove pumpkin skin and cut them into small pieces. Cut cauliflower to smaller chunks.
3. Season with salt, pepper, and little paprika and olive oil. Toss them well and coat evenly.
4. Spread on a baking tray, just bake for 30-40 min, or check until both pumpkin and cauliflowers are golden. (You can always put pumpkin in for extra 10min earlier, before adding in cauliflower as pumpkin takes loonger to cook)
1. During the last 10 min of the roast, boil penne pasta in a pot of boiling salty water. Or cook according to your pasta package instruction.
2. When the pasta is cooked, drain the water and add chopped sundried tomatoes, and the rest of the roast.
3. Drizzle with some olive oil, grate some fresh cheese like pecorino or parmesan, Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts
Enjoy your healthy meal.
Put your comments below and let me know how would you cook your pumpkin and cauliflowers.
Also, click below if you like to see my other super easy recipe for cauliflowers: