So we all know indian spices is super healthy and pack of flavour. No wonder back in the war time British was trying so hard to put their hands on trading in India. Spices and tea plays an important role. And it’s not surprise to know that Curry is Britain’s national dish up to today!
As a “efficient” (or not lazy) home cook, lunch I would make sure it’s quick, easy, and pack of veggies as much as possible. This new recipe that I work on today works very well. It warms you up and add a little exotic spices to your ordinary / or not boring pumpkin soup!
Just in case you have mustard seeds and turmeric powder that sits in your pantry that you do not know how to use them. This is the perfect recipe for you. I think I can cook this with different twist at least once a week for lunch! It’s healthy, it’s vegan, it’s good for you!
( i normally cook for 4. drink 2, and keep another 2 in the fridge for next day’s lunch! )
- Onion, carrots, celery (just for the basic soup stock), 1 small garlic
- spices : mustard seeds (1tsp), turmeric powder (1 tsp or less) Turmeric is anti-inflammatory – super good for you if you have a cold or not feeling too well.
- pumpkin and cauliflower (cut into small pieces appx 3 cm x 3 cm.. so that it would cook faster)
- vegetables stock (or any stocks)
- parsley for garnish.
Methods (only need 35 min max)
- in a large pot, drizzle some olive oil, add mustard seeds until they start sizzling.
- add in onions, carrots, celery. add 1 tsp of turmeric. saute them with pinch of salt and pepper. (3-4 min)
- throw in the pumpkin and cauliflower. give them a few minutes to settle down.
- pour in hot water to cover all the ingredients, add 1 piece of vegetable stock cubes
- bring to boil and cover. turn to low heat and boil for 30 min.
- stir them occasionally if you want.
- off heat after 30 min. use a hand blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- plate the soup. shave some parmesan cheese on top, drizzle with some olive oil, garnish with little paprika powder and parsley!
Golden Pumpkin Soup !
Cheat Sheet: make more portion so that you could have it sometime in the same week!