Carmel-by-the-Sea (Central Coast California)
- 1 hour 44 minute drive from SFO airport
- It’s a nice small beach city located at Central Coast, Monterey.
- Known for its rich artistic history and beautiful scenery
- Dog friendly city
It took us less than 2 hours drive from SFO Airport (where we get our rented car) to Carmel Valley. On the way we stopped by Silicon Valley at San Jose to snap a few photos of Google, Facebook, Cisco campus. Just for fun!
You can click here to see my blog post to Silicon Valley.
What to do in Carmel-by-the-Sea?
- Beautiful beaches and jungle trails,
- Little old town with lots of historic buildings.
- Go to Pebble Beach where Pebble Beach Golf Links was the site of the US Open in 1972, 1982, 1992, 2000, and 2010.
- 17 mile scenic drive
- Wine tasting at Carmel Valley AVA
Interesting facts about Carmel:
- No High Heels – it is prohibited to wear high-heel shoes without a permit, enacted to prevent lawsuits arising from tripping accidents caused by irregular pavement.
Accomodation: Our stay in Carmel – Tickle Pink Inn
This is a luxury bed and breakfast with some great history.
Overlooking the famous Big Sur coastline, Tickle Pink Inn sits on the original homesite of State Senator Edward and Mrs. Bess Tickle and was built by their good friends, the Gurries family. Amid this enchanting oceanside setting in Carmel Highlands, Edward and Bess erected a small stone cottage more than 100 years ago. Mrs. Tickle was a lover of flowers, especially pink ones, which inspired the name Tickle Pink for their home. Today, while the little cottage has since disappeared, the name and charm remain, drawing travelers from around the world for over 60 years to experience the warm hospitality of our Carmel oceanfront Inn.
Shared the same entrance with Hyatt (when we exit from Highway 1).
The Balcony View from Tickle Pink Inn
Our room – Super comfortable bed with 100% fine Egyptian cotton linen. Definitely can felt the difference~! It looked a little aged, but it was all well-maintained and can be seen from every little small details how much effort and care they’ve made.
Tickle Pink Inn – Lounge area (complimentary wine and cheese tasting)
What we loved about our stay at Tickle Pink Inn?
- Very comfortable room with quality amenities
- Most beautiful sunset view from our balcony
- Free wine and cheese tasting – daily
- Free champagne in the room – definitely a plus 🙂
- Room rate – $309- $589. (From the basic Ocean View Room $309 to the Ocean View Suites with fireplace and jacuzzi at $589)
- Click here to see their review on TripAdvisor.
- Click here to reserve a room at Tickle Pink Inn’s website.
Disclaimer: This is NOT a sponsored post. All reviews and opinions are personal and honest and expenses are made by ourselves fully!
Also check out my other posts during this trip: