Since we have been visiting San Francisco for quite a few times, we decided to venture south to Carmel-by-the-Sea this trip. It took only less than 2 hours drive from SFO Airport (where we get our rented car)to Carmel Valley. On the way we stopped by Silicon Valley at San Jose to snap a few photos of Google, Facebook, Cisco campus. Just for fun!
Click on this link here to see my trip to Silicon Valley.
- 1 hour 44 minute drive from SFO airport
- It’s a nice small beach city located at Central Coast, Monterey.
- Known for its rich artistic history and beautiful scenery
- Dog friendly city
What to do in Carmel-by-the-Sea?
- Beautiful beaches and jungle trails,
- Little old town with lots of historic buildings.
- Go to Pebble Beach where Pebble Beach Golf Links was the site of the US Open in 1972, 1982, 1992, 2000, and 2010.
- 17 mile scenic drive
- Wine tasting at Carmel Valley AVA
Interesting fact about Carmel:
- No High Heels – it is prohibited to wear high-heel shoes without a permit, enacted to prevent lawsuits arising from tripping accidents caused by irregular pavement.
Our accommodation in Carmel – Tickle Pink Inn
- a beautiful oceanfront property, located beside Grand Hyatt Carmel.
- breathtaking ocean views and sunset
- well-maintained old school luxury hotel
Shared the same entrance with Hyatt (when we exit from Highway 1).
Our room – Super comfortable bed. “Coziest goose-down comforters, fluffiest pillows, finest Italian-crafted sheets, and cushiest pillow-top mattresses”. Ah, that explained the good-nights-sleep.
And, wait for it.
Review about Tickle Pink Inn @ Carmel Highlands
- Lovely stay. Super comfortable and quality hotel.
- The Pacific Ocean view and the sunset was just amazing from the balcony
- Daily free wine and cheese tasting, Complimentary a bottle of champagne per room.
- Room rate – $309- $589. (From the basic Ocean View Room $309 to the Ocean View Suites with fireplace and jacuzzi at $589)
- Click here to see their review on TripAdvisor.
- Click here to reserve a room at Tickle Pink Inn’s website.
Other than enjoying ourselves in this lovely hotel, we also went to the famous 17 Miles-Drive, Pebble Beach, and spent half a day doing wine tasting at Carmel Valley.
Also check out my next post when I was in Carmel: