If you love beaches and sunshine, if you love hiking, then you must not skip this beautiful coastal walk from Bondi Beach to Coogee Beach.
Bondi to Coogee walk
- 6 km (2-3 hours slow walk + stops)
- cliff top coastal walk with stunning views, beaches, parks, cliffs and rock pools
- Cafes, restaurants, picnic area, toilets along the way
- Easy walk, with some stairs, sunshine all the way
During our 4th day in Sydney, we took this urban coastal walking track from Bondi to Coogee Beach. Bondi Beach is not foreign to many people outside of Australia thanks to the TV program Bondi Rescue and the super handsome Bondi Vet. 🤤 Of course, Bondi has much more to offer other than the hot bikini bodies!
We visited during the summer in December 2017. Beautiful weather, amazing beaches. The beach area was packed with people from coast to coast! Super happening!
1. Taking Train – Bus to Bondi Beach
So since we were staying at Westin Sydney at Martin Place, taking a train is relatively easy!
We took a train from Martin Place to Bondi Junction (3 stops) AU$4.2 per person. Then a local bus from Bondi Junction train station to Bondi Beach, which later we found out we need Opal Card to take the local bus. Bought Opal Card at the convenience store for AU$10 each, enough to use for both way bus tickets.
2. Breakfast at Bondi
Arrived at Bondi Beach at around 9.30 am. Super sunny day! We just popped into a random cafe for some Aussie breakfast – Poached eggs on thick toast, coffee = happy tummy!
3. Bondi Beach & The Famous Bondi Icebergs Pool
Bondi Iceberg Pool – a historical landmark of Bondi Beach for over 100 years. Opens to public for $7 (adult) and $5 (children) – price includes Sauna. For more information, click here. (Wish we would have done that).
4. Walk – From Bondi Beach to Tamarama
5. Keep Walking Until Coogee Beach
It was not a straightforward walk, basically, we walked along the coast and passed by Tamarama beach, Bronte beach, Historic Waverley Cemetery (cemetery with a view but we didn’t take any photos out of respect), Clovelly beach then finally arrived at Coogee beach.
Every beach is beautiful and full of beachgoers who are just enjoying themselves under the sun, playing volleyballs, swimming, surfing … The walk was easy but the sun was quite fierce as there was no shelter but full sun all the way. Toilets and cafes are easily seen along the way. We stopped for a break every 30 minutes or so to take pictures, have an ice-cream and relax.
6. Coogee Beach
Although it was only 6 km walk from Bondi to Coogee, we stopped for a few times along the way for water, toilet break, ice-cream, chilling and enjoyed the view.. finally after 2.5 hours we arrived at Coogee Beach.
We stopped for a drink at Coogee Pavilion, a pretty happening bar at the corner of the street which you wouldn’t miss it. Pizzas, burgers and Mediterranean fare over 3 floors, with a rooftop terrace and a games arena.
The picture below was taken at the rooftop bar of Coogee Pavilion with the view of Coogee beach. AUD$11 for a glass of Chandon Rosé.
7. Things To Note For Bondi To Coogee Walk
Although it’s was a fairly easy walk, but the whole journey was mostly exposed to the fierce Aussie sun, I had a slight sunburn on my shoulder despite already put on SPF50 sunblock prior to that.
So, if you are doing the walk, remember to bring sunblock and reapply them, wear comfortable shoes, wear a hat (oh that helps!), sunglasses, towel, and bring a bottle of water.
Have fun walking on Sydney best coastal walk!
Thank you for reading! 😉
- Bondi To Coogee Walk – http://www.bonditocoogeewalk.com/
- Where we stay in Sydney – Westin Hotel Sydney (Great Location)
- Fly To Sydney on Scoot Business Class (SIN-SYD)
- Day 1 in Sydney – Fish Market, Darling Harbour, Opera House, Harbour Bridge
- Day 2 in Sydney – Picnic at Hyde Park, Art Gallery, Botanical Garden
- Day 3 in Sydney – Wine Tasting At Hunter Valley