We stayed at Westin Hotel Sydney during our previous Sydney trip in December 2017.
This historic building was Sydney’s General Post Office from 1874 until 1983 before it was restored to become Westin Sydney in 1999.
This 5-star hotel located in central Sydney CBD Martin Place, very good location, near the train station, supermarket, restaurants, shopping streets and main attractions (1.6 km from the Sydney Opera House).
Staff was very friendly and helpful like what a proper 5-star hotel should be. Check-in was easy. All done in 5 minutes.
We booked the most basic room with king size bed. No free breakfast, but free wifi for SPG member. Room rate was about AUD$320 / night.
Room comfort overall 4.5/5
Room service food portion was massive. Order 1 main is enough to feed 2 people!
The Westin Sydney
Address: 1 Martin Place, Sydney, New South Wales, 2000, Australia
Room rate: From AUD$300
Best Steaks In Sydney CBD – Prime Steak Restaurant
During our stay in Sydney, we were looking for a nice steak dinner. Then we found out that one of the best steak restaurants was actually just below us in Westin! Tried our luck to book a table on Saturday evening, managed to get a table on the early sitting. Lucky!
Prime Steak Restaurant has been awarded as Best Steak Restaurant in Sydney since 1999.
- The first steak restaurant in Sydney to introduce dry-aged beef to its menu in 1999
- The first steakhouse restaurant to offer only premium cuts of steak since 2002
- The first steak house to only offer the “centre” and most consistent part of our selected premium cuts in 2004. We do not offer the “tails” of the fillet, only the centre cuts.
- The first steak restaurant in Sydney to offer Wagyu in 2002
- The first steak restaurant to expand its menu and offer over 18 different steak options in 2006
- The first steakhouse restaurant to offer “Graded” Grass-fed steaks in 2009
- The first steak house to introduce a premium seven-course meat-only degustation menu in 2016
Prime Steak Restaurant
Address: (Just Below Westin Sydney) 1 LGF, Lower Ground Floor, 1 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Reservation highly recommended.
Paid Aud$228 for 2 people (including wine)
♥️Planning a special night?
I just found out that you can also book online using their world first online Restaurant Butler booking system where you can enhance and tailor your dining experience within minutes at no additional service charge. Options include half a dozen roses for your partner, champagne and amuse bouche on arrival, and a box of Prime Steak Restaurant Chocolate truffles to take home.
Wow! Why didn’t we see that before booking?!
- Fly To Sydney on Scoot Business Class (SIN-SYD)
- Day 1 in Sydney – Fish Market, Darling Harbour, Opera House, Harbour Bridge
- Day 2 in Sydney – Picnic at Hyde Park, Art Gallery, Botanical Garden
- Day 3 in Sydney – Wine Tasting At Hunter Valley
- Day 4 in Sydney – Bondi To Coogee Walk (Sydney Best Scenic Coastal Walk)