Yeah! My Blog Has Been Nominated For The Liebster Award 2017!
My blog Food Wine Travel More has been nominated for Liebster Award by Julie from Riserva Tour and Travel. I feel so honored and excited to be nominated especially as a fairly new blog, this is a huge encouragement! Thank you, Julie!
Julie’s story is inspiring. Julie and her husband took a life-changing decision by selling everything they own and traveling for the next 10 months while they launch their family travel business. Their business helps families to travel without the stress of researching and planning.
I love the fact that they are living the dream life by work and traveling at the same time with their lovely family close together. I really appreciate that she took time to find out about my blog and nominated my blog for this award. It means so much to me and this award would encourage me to continue to grow and learn in the blogging journey.
What Is Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means nicest, dearest, sweetest, kindest. The award was created to discover, connect and support the blogging community especially the newer bloggers.
How does it work?
When you get nominated, you can accept the award and write a post about it, and nominate other new bloggers for it.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog in your post and/or as a widget on your page
- Provide 10 facts about yourself
- Write a 150-300 word paragraph on your favorite blog that is NOT your own and explains why. (Provide a link(s))
- Answer the questions that the person who nominated you asked
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers and ask them your own questions! (Don’t forget to tell the other bloggers that they are nominated and when you post it)
- List rules in your post
To read more about the rules and the award, go to Liebster Award official site, click here.
10 Facts About Me
- I was traveling around the world for 6 years as a flight attendant. Living in and out of the suitcase, hotel to hotel. My favorite part of it was to meet people from different places, background, and culture. It’s interesting to observe how people shaped the society and the overall pattern of the group. I learned from it and reminded myself to be humble, respectful and be sensitive to everything.
- I decided to quit my flying career so that I could spend more time with my family and friends. Basically the more important things in my life, my loved ones!
- I am a minimalist wannabe. The idea of living with fewer possessions and more interaction with people is slowly growing on me now.
- I am a master-of-none. Musician for 6 years, cabin crew for 6 years, wine sommelier for 2 years, started to cook 2 years ago, have a sensitivity to smells and taste, I speak Chinese, English, Malay, Cantonese, Hokkien, some German, loved Japanese and Italian language. And maybe one day I will be a doctor.
- I am NOT a wine snob. Wine is about stories, land and people’s passion. Well made wine is more important than the wine labels for me. Thus I hope to write about wine in a fun and easy way so that everybody can understand wine!
- I hope to have 2 dogs, a few chickens, a cow, a lamb, and a pony one day.
- I am a nature lover. Botanical gardens, jungles, seaside, outdoors with fresh air are the places where I always feel at ease.
- I love to plan and organize everything in advance and according to their purpose. (Travel, meal plans, wardrobe, files etc)
- I am a germ freak! I see germs that you don’t see.
- I am a Gemini (introvert + extrovert), and I’m good in keeping secrets~ (If you did something last summer, you can tell me.)
My Favourite Blog
My favorite blog is a wine blog called The Wine Wankers. It is from the 2 wine lovers – Conrad based in Sydney, Australia and Drew based in Stockholm, Sweden. Their writing style is full of humor and attempting to put the wine in context rather than churning out boring wine descriptions. Definitely an entertaining and yet educational wine blog to follow. They are like the ‘anti-wine-wanker brigade’ aiming to make wine more accessible by taking the pretentiousness (real or perceived) out of the wine fraternity – ie, wine without the wankery. Such a breath of fresh air. It is also one of the highest rated wine blogs in the world. Impressive!
Questions From Julie
1. What is your favorite blog post you have written?
So far my favorite blog post is about my travel to Tamar Valley, a wine region in Tasmania, Australia. Apart from being a beautiful region itself, Tasmanian wines are quite distinct by themselves comparing to the other Australian wines that most people can get their hands on. I am glad to travel to this part of the world and explore that unique wine region. I hope to write more wine region posts like this in the near future and inspire people to appreciate the beauty of wine country apart from drinking.
2. Tell us where you are from and what inspired you to start blogging?
I am from a small town in Malaysia and currently based in Singapore. Ever since I quit my flying job I took a year break before starting this blog. During my break I started to cook, starting from a 0 experience home cook with terrible spaghetti dish to now a more presentable dish. I continue to cook and pairing wine by playing sommelier and head chef at home, I planned my travel and been to many places.
After so much traveling I thought wouldn’t it be nice to start a blog about all these 3 things that I love? First is to record some of the important details, secondly, maybe I could offer some useful info and tips to help other people to cook, travel and maybe some wine pairing tips.
My blog has 3 main segments :
Food – Easy and healthy recipes that I discovered that even lazy and busy people can churn it out easily
Wine – Wine regions that I traveled to and some easy wine tips that will be coming soon.
Travel – My travel adventures and some of the hotel and airlines reviews.
3. What social media platform do you prefer and why?
Currently I prefer Instagram as it is the easiest way to engage and reach the new audience. Apart from that I also learn many tips and ideas from many other Instagrammers.
4. What do you want to accomplish with your blog?
I would hope to become a major wine or travel influencer one day, hopefully! (Dream big )
5. What is your favorite travel destination and why?
It’s hard to pick out ONE favorite after seeing so many lovely places. I love Christmas market in the snowy Frankfurt, I love how pure and simple people in Bali are, I love the vibrant energy of New York city, I love the summer in Southern France travelling through French Riviera and Italian Riviera, I love the summer rose garden in New Zealand, I love the Californian sunset, I love how thoughtful Korean and Japanese cultures are, and travelling to the medieval town in Italy. My favorite travel destination – Earth!
My Liebster Award Nominees are….. (drum roll…)
- Marian from Backpack Globetrotter (Travel Blog) *
- Selene from Viaggchemangi (Italian Travel & Lifestyle Blog) *
- Tachi from Bajezen (Beauty, Inspiration, Lifestyle Blog) *
- Miss Monet from MissMonetsBlog (Fashion Art and Film Blog) *
- Marialena from My Nutri Calendar (Greek Food Blog) *
- Theresa from Food Fashion and me (Food & Fashion Blog) *
- Christina from Teacher Librarian for Life ( Teachers and Readers Blog) *
- Ana from Anas Beauty Vault (Beauty and Lifestyle Blog) *
Congratulations to all my nominees! I hope you are as excited as I am! I’ve gone through their blogs and all of them write with passion and has something nice to share. I hope as a blogging community we can continue to support and encourage each other to do better!
Questions For My Nominees
- When do you find time to blog?
- If travel was something everyone did as a rite of passage growing up where would you recommend they go and why? (one country only)
- Give a tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters.
- What is that one post made by you that you like the most, and why?
- What was the best memory that you have while traveling?
- How did traveling/ blogging change your life?
Please remember to put your Liebster Award link in the comments below so that I can visit you as well 🙂
I hope you all enjoy knowing a little about me and the Liebster Award. Let’s pass the love around and connect with the new bloggers that you like. Do check out my nominees’ blogs and share them if you like what you read.
Macy, Peace ~V~