Everybody loves pumpkins !
They are golden and sweet! It’s good for you! Needless to say more.
Korean make pumpkin congee for lunch, other countries make pumpkin soup. I just want to make a light meal out of it without rice but still be able to fill me up like rice do.
After so many trials and errors, I think this version is the best. It’s almost instant with no effort needed. Just put them in the oven, then I can continue to work for another 50 minutes until the veggies are cooked! Saved me so much time!
3 steps to instant pumpkin porridge
Just roast it,
So simple I don’t think you even need a recipe. But I’ll write it down, just in case.
- Pumpkins or butternut squash
- Garlic for extra kick!
- Seasoning: salt, pepper, paprika powder, olive oil
- Prepare pumpkin, cauliflowers and garlic
- Cut pumpkins and cauliflowers to small pieces. Remove the pumpkin seeds and skins.
- Peel a few cloves of garlic. No need to cut.
- Season all of them with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika powder. Mix well !
- Spread it out on a baking tray or 2
2. Roast in oven (180C, 50 minutes)
- Put them in the oven for 50 minutes (You can turn them once if you have time, otherwise just come back after 50 minutes)
3. Just add hot water and blend
- Once it’s done, just transfer them to a deep pot and add some boiling hot water. (You can always leave a few chunks for garnish later).
- Use a hand-blender to blend everything up until it achieves the smooth consistency you like. (I like mine chunky, so I only lightly blend mine)
- You can lightly heat up the soup further or just serve as it is. (They are cooked anyway)
- serve with some grated cheese, spring onions, some extra chunks of roasted cauliflowers and pumpkins.
- Sprinkle with paprika powder and fresh ground black pepper.
Isn’t it easy?