Everybody loves pumpkins!
They are golden and sweet! It’s good for you.
Korean make pumpkin congee for lunch, other countries make pumpkin soup. I just want to make a light meal out of it without rice but still be able to fill me up like rice do.
After so many trials and errors, I think this version is the best. It’s almost instant with no effort needed. Just put them in the oven, then I can continue to work for another 50 minutes until the veggies are cooked! Saved me so much time!
3 Steps to Make Instant Pumpkin Soup
Just roast it,
So simple I don’t think you even need a recipe. But I’ll write it down, just in case.
- Pumpkins or butternut squash
- Garlic for an extra kick!
- Seasoning: salt, pepper, paprika powder, olive oil
- (optional) button mushrooms
1 . Prepare pumpkin, cauliflowers and garlic
- Cut pumpkins and cauliflowers into small pieces. Remove the pumpkin seeds and skins.
- Peel a few cloves of garlic. No need to cut.
- Season all of them with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika powder, with some turmeric powder if you like. Mix well!
- Lay them on 1 or 2 baking tray
2. Roast in oven (180C, 50 minutes)
- Put them in the oven for 50 minutes (You can turn them once if you have time, otherwise just leave them alone for 50 minutes)
2.1 Optional: Sauté mushrooms
- If you afraid soup won’t fill you up, cut some button mushrooms into smaller chunks and sauté them in a pan with olive oil until cooked (appx 5-10 minutes), season with some salt and pepper.
3. Just add hot water and blend
- Once the oven is done, transfer all the pumpkin, cauliflowers and garlic to a deep pot and add some boiling hot water. (You can always leave a few chunks for garnish later).
- Use a hand-blender to blend everything up until it achieves the smooth consistency you like. (I like mine chunky, so I only lightly blend mine)
- You can lightly heat up the soup further or just serve as it is. (They are cooked anyway)
- serve with some grated cheese, spring onions/parsley/coriander (Choose whichever you have)
- (optional) topped with mushrooms (with a drizzle of truffle oil for extra flavour)
- Sprinkle with paprika powder and fresh ground black pepper.
I hope you enjoy this!