We often have oven baked salmon for dinner, other than the regular green beans and potatoes side dish, it’s time to add another twist to the side dish game.
Pineapple salsa is tangy and refreshing. That sharp refreshing palate gives a nice balance to the fatty salmon. And the best part is you can make a batch and keep in the fridge for a few days.
- Pineapple – 1 to 2 cups (diced)
- 1 red Capsicums – diced
- 1 onion – diced
- Cilantro – 1 small bunch (finely chopped)
- (Optional) 1 Chili – seeds removed, finely chopped
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 lemon zest and juice
- Rice vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Diced and prepare all ingredients as above
- Season them with salt, lemon zest and lemon juice, rice vinegar.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as you like.
- Keep chill in the fridge until serving
This salsa has the sweetness from pineapples, spicy kick from chilli, and lifting citrus aroma from the lemon.
Good side dish for: