When you are wondering what to cook during a busy weekday, search no more!
Just cook a pot of steamed rice, get a piece of chicken breast, eggs. You’re good to go!
Healthy and simple lunch and dinner idea!
Portion: 2 person
Time: 20 minutes
– 1 cup dashi stock (water + 1 teaspoon dashi powder)
– soy sauce 1 tbsp, mirin 1 tbsp, sake 1 tbsp, sugar 1 tbsp
– 1 sliced onions
– spring onions sliced
– 2 eggs. very lightly beaten.
– 1 chicken breast. cut to small pieces
1. Slice spring onions and onions. Set aside.
2. combine dashi stocks and mirin, soy sauce, sake, sugar and onions into a pan. Bring to boil.
3. Boil the sliced chicken in the broth for 8-10 min or until cook
4. Lightly beaten the eggs and pour it over the sauce. Turn up the heat and let it boil for 1 min. Keep the eggs soft.
5. Sprinkle spring onions on top. Serve over steamed rice. Garnish with the rest of the spring onions, and Japanese chili powder and dried seaweed if you have them.
Enjoy ! Simple and easy weekday lunch.
For this version, I add an extra raw egg yolk on top for extra creaminess. (and leftover cherry tomatoes) 😉