Chickpeas Vegetarian Burritos,
Oven roasted Sweet corns,
purple cabbage salad and tomato salsa.
– 1 large onion
– red capsicum (1/2) , yellow capsicum (1/2)
– cooked chickpeas (1 cup)
– cherry tomatoes for salsa (1 cup)
– avocado (1)
– sweet corn (1) cut into halves
– Coriander/ cilantro (4-5 )
– purple cabbage for salad
– spring onions (4-5)
– yogurt, mayonnaise
– spice: paprika, cumin, Chili powder,
– Burritos wrap
Roasted sweet corn with Parmesan Cheese (1 hour before cooking Burritos)
– oven 180C/ 350F
– put the whole corn (without removing its husk) on the oven rack or on a tray
– meanwhile prepare the sauce (3 tbsp butter in room temperature, salt, pepper, paprika, little Chili powder) mix together in room temperature.
– finely Chop a piece of spring onions for garnish later.
– when the corn is done, remove from the oven and brush the sauce over. Put back to oven for another 5min.
– remove, sprinkle with little spring onions, grated parmesan, serve.
– cut 1 cup of cherry tomatoes to small pieces
– finely chop 1/2 onions, coriander to small pieces
– mix all together, with salt, pepper, lime juice (1). Taste. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
– add avocado if u want to make it as Guacamole.
– cover and let it sit in the fridge while preparing burritos fillings
* for my case, I just cut the avocadoes to small pieces and leave the salsa alone. So that I can use the extra salsa for garnish later.
– thinly slice 1/2 onion, red and yellow capsicums, drain or thaw the chickpeas
– heat up a non-stick pan, olive oil, sauté onions, capsicums over medium high heat for 5 min.
– Add the seasoning: paprika( 1 tbsp), cumin powder (1tbsp), Chili powder (1 teaspoon), salt pepper. If it’s too dry, add little bit more oil
– add chickpeas. Stir and cook for another 5-7min until all are cook through.
– squeeze 1 lime juice over the pan, and add little honey for touch sweetness. Stir in chopped spring onions.
– off heat. Ready to assemble.
– warm up the burritos in the oven, microwave or just over a dry pan
– add some cheese, burritos fillings, avocado, salsa, mayonnaise and yogurt (TRY NOT TO FILL UP TOO MUCH)
– fold up the 2 sides and roll it up from bottom up. (Or try Google how to wrap a burritos)
– lay the shredded purple cabbage under the corn
– lay the corn on TOP sprinkle with spring onion, and parmesan.
– cut the wrapped burritos to half.
– be Creative. Or just simply wrap it up and eat it if it’s too much trouble. 😉 everyone has their own way isn’t it.