What To Cook When You’re By Yourself?
Dinner for 1 at home?
I just wanted to have something easy, and reasonably healthy and delicious.
This fish in a bag recipe is fool-proof, delicious and just can’t go wrong!
- Baking paper / parchment paper
- salmon fillet (cut in half if it’s too big) I have another half for next day’s dinner
- small head of broccoli, cut into small pieces
- baby corns cut in halves (substitute with frozen sweet corn if you want)
- cherry tomatoes
- 1 slice of lemon (just one will do)
- 1 teaspoon of capers (optional)
Fish In A Bag Recipe
1. Prep all the ingredients
- wash and cut all the ingredients
2. Assemble ingredients on baking paper
- use a long piece of baking paper (don’t be stingy, you need it big enough to make a parcel)
- place a slice of lemon, then salmon on top
- lay all the vegetables beside
- season with salt, pepper, a teaspoon of capers,
- Optional: I also added some italian dried herbs on top of the fish just to give it some aromatics
- put a small cube of butter on top of the salmon and vegetables
3. Fold the edge of the paper to make a bag
4. Cook in the oven, then rest for 5 minutes.
Put in the pre-heated 200C / 400F oven for 20 minutes. When it’s done cooking, take it out of the oven and rest for 5 minutes. Cut the bag open just before serving!
Fool-proof, simple, healthy, and no clean up needed!
Isn’t it the perfect meal for 1 or 2 person? All you need is 25 minutes! And the best part is – so easy to clean up! (High Five! 🖐)
Pin this recipe in your Pinterest:)
Let me know if you try this recipe by commenting below.