We love salmon for dinner as what else is healthier compared to this fatty delicious fish that’s packed with omega-3. So far the easiest way to cook salmon for me is definitely baking with oven. Very simple and probably takes a total 25 minutes to create this dish on the table.
Oven baked salmon
- Total time: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven at 180C
- Season salmon with salt, pepper, Italian herb mix, olive oil
- Place the salmon fillet on 2-3 slices of lemon, and place 2 slices of lemon fillet on top of the salmon
- Baked the fish in the 180C oven for 20 minutes.
- (Optional) Boil some potatoes in a pot of boiling water if you need some carbs for dinner too. (20 minutes)
You can read about how to make pineapple salsa in this post here. Only takes 5 minutes to make.
- When the fish is done after 20 minutes, turn off the oven and leave the fish in the oven.
- Heat up a pan with some oil and butter, saute the asparagus over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, season with salt and pepper, drizzle with lemon juice when done.
- place the asparagus on the plate.
- fish on top the asparagus
- sprinkle pineapple salsa over the fish
- garnish with the cooked lemon slices
- (optional) serve with boiled potatoes as another side dish
This is by far my favourite salmon dinner as the pineapple salsa compliments so well with the fish. The whole dish takes approximately 30 minutes to make!
I hope you enjoy it as much I do.
What kind of salmon dinner do you like? Pan fried? Sous vide? Poached?
What are your favourite side dishes to go with Salmon?
Related Salmon Recipe: Grilled Spicy Miso Salmon on Banana Leaves