Stir Fried Eggs with Tomatoes，
Lady Fingers 番茄炒蛋+羊角豆
Tomatoes and eggs are so common in every day’s kitchen no matter which countries you are from. They are delicious, easy to prepare and fairly affordable. Most importantly they also provides lots of nutrients, proteins to give you and your family a balanced, healthy diet.
This is a simple lunch menu it’s common in many Asian family to serve over rice, of course you can always serve it as breakfast to go with hash brown potatoes or simply enjoy with a nice baguette.
I give this recipe a twist by adding extra lady fingers/okra because why not, it’s always nice to add some greens to make it even better. And lady fingers and tomatoes are definitely tasting very well when cooked together.
Ingredients you need for 2 pax
– 4 eggs
– 20 cherry tomatoes / or 6 big tomatoes
– 4 shallots / or a small onion
– 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
– tomato sauce/ or ketchup (3 tbsp)
– spring onions – a good handful
– lady fingers 4-5
– half red Chili (optional: if u like little spicy)
1. Cut spring onions to small pieces. Put aside
2. Finely chop garlic, Chili; thin slice shallots/onions
4. Quartered lady fingers and cut to small chunks. (As seen in picture)
5. Beat 4 eggs with a little salt.
6. In a small bowl, dissolve 1 tsp cornstarch to cold water (this is the key to success for this dish, to give your dish a smooth texture)
1. In a non-stick wok , add some oil, medium high heat. Fried shallots/onions until slightly brown. Then add garlic and chilies (fried for 1 min)
4. Remove all to a clean plate.
5. In the same wok, add 2 tbsp of oil, pour in beaten eggs. Stir the eggs slightly until they are almost set.
7. Off heat. Stir in chopped spring onions.
8. Serve over rice or pasta or bread.