Our 4 Days In Sydney – Travel Itinerary
We spent a few days in Sydney last December. December weather in Sydney was comfortably warm at around 23C to 29 C. Lovely!
Sydney, as Australia’s largest city, is also famous for its beautiful harbour view and Sydney Opera House. I always loved Sydney for its metropolitan vibes, world-class restaurants, beautiful beaches and botanical gardens, art and cultures, and friendly and beautiful people.
When we travel we love to take things slow and plan a semi-relaxing itinerary whenever possible. Our goals of travelling are often to relax and explore new things at the same time. As wine lovers, a trip to Hunter Valley wine country is a must on our list. A day of scenic walk around the beautiful coastline of Bondi to Coogee beach, and spend a relaxing afternoon picnic at the royal botanical garden with the grand view of Sydney Opera House!
If that sounds like the kind of trip that you’ll like to do in Sydney, then I hope you will find my itinerary useful!
Day 1 – Lunch at Sydney Fish Market and Take All The Touristy Photos
- Darling Harbour
- Sydney Fish Market for Lunch (try to be there early before 12 pm to avoid lunch crowd)
- The Rocks and Circular Quay (Enjoy the beautiful harbour view and Opera house glows in the golden sunset lights) * Best for photographers.
- Dinner at Munich Brauhaus (German beer in Aussie summer.. hm..🍻 best of both world)
(Video) Sydney Day 1 (Darling Harbour, Circular Quay, FishMarket, The Rocks)
Read my day 1 detailed post, here.
Day 2 – A Relaxing day at Hyde Park, Art Museum, Opera House, Royal Botanical Garden
- Relaxing day – sleep until noon
- Hyde Park – chill and relax
- Art Gallery of New South Wales
- Sunset picnic at Royal Botanical Garden
(Video) Sydney Day 2 – Hyde Park, Royal Botanical Garden, Art Gallery of NSW, Sunset picnic in front of Opera House
Read Day 2 Sydney detailed post here.
Day 3 – Wine Tasting at Hunter Valley
- Join a wine tour to Hunter Valley – Australia oldest and most visited wine region
- Wine and cheese tasting
- Artisan chocolate sampling
(Video) Sydney day 3 – Wine Tasting at Hunter Valley
Read my Sydney Hunter Valley wine tour blog post, here.
Day 4 – Beautiful scenic walk from Bondi Beach to Coogee
- 6 km walk around the coast from Bondi Beach to Coogee Beach
- Amazing view
- Spend a lovely day chilling at the beach like most Aussies do
(video) Sydney Day 4 – Scenic walk from Bondi to Coogee Beach
Read my full post about Bondi to Coogee Walk, here.
Wait, there’s more!
That was how we spent our 4 days short trip to Sydney.
Alternately, you can also join a day tour to Blue Mountains (1.5 hours from Sydney) to see Megalong Valley and the Three Sisters rock formation, and Featherdale Wildlife Park to see native Australian animals like Koalas and Kangaroos.
The only place we haven’t visited is Sydney Taronga Zoo, catch a train to Circular Quay, then take a ferry to Taronga Zoo wharf (12-minute ferry journey), where we would very much like to visit next time.
I hope you will have fun in Sydney!
Let me know what is your favourite thing to do in Sydney?
- Where we stay in Sydney – Westin Hotel Sydney (Great Location)
- Fly To Sydney on Scoot Business Class (SIN-SYD)